Monday, April 16, 2012

Recipe Sharing: my favorite kind of sharing

I really like when people give me recipes to try, especially when they are really easy and pretty no fuss.

I am lucky enough to have my classroom by the FACS (Family and Consumer Education) classes, which means when they cook I get to sample. Through the years of my teaching, I've been a part of a chili cook-off, eaten cinnamon rolls and death by chocolate cake. They are very kind to me, especially when I need that mid-morning snack.

One of our new FACS teachers is on Pinterest, and has found quite a few new recipes that she's included in her curriculum. One of these being, Fruit Pizza.

I've heard of Fruit Pizza before, but have never honestly had it nor tried to make it. I have done Veggie Pizza, which is incredibly easy so I thought I'd give the fruit version a try.

You can probably put any type of fruit you want on this, from kiwi to strawberries or blueberries, there are quite a few types of fruit to choose from that would go excellent on this "pizza."

There are very few ingredients, which also makes this recipe no fuss and really easy to whip up after work (which is exactly what I did today).

Fruit Pizza



Ingredients:


1 roll of refrigerated sugar cookie dough 
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese (I used the 1/3 fat version---trying to healthy this up a bit)
1 cup whipped topping (I, again, utilized the "lite" version of Cool Whip)
4 T. plus 4 tsp. sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
fruit of your choice: 
Strawberries 
Blueberries
Blackberries
Kiwi







Directions:


1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees (according to the package).


2. Roll out sugar cookie dough onto an 8 x 11 pan.
Bake according to package; 10-12 minutes.



3. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar,
and vanilla extract until smooth...
4. Cut up fruit into small slices.

5. Spread "sauce" onto cooled cookie

...smooth "sauce" to have peeks
























Finished Product: arrange fruit on the pizza in
any way you want.


The pizza turned out well.
I look forward to sharing it with my husband this evening, hopefully he enjoys it as much as I did when my coworker let me taste it.

Share on.










No comments:

Post a Comment